IntelliHVAC was developed based on a utility study (PG&E) that found that HVAC systems lose approximately 30% of the energy they create. The reason is that the manufacturers’ post-purge setting often does not run long enough to capture and use all of the energy that was created by the unit during the run cycle. That latent energy then dissipates and is lost.
IntelliHVAC retrofits to the 24-volt terminal of package and split HVAC units and has two functions: an Intelligent Variable Post Purge and the Intelligent Compressor Cycling Function.
The Intelligent Variable Post Purge monitors the HVAC system and adjusts the length of the post-purge cycle based on the previous compressor cycle. It optimizes the time the fan runs, enabling the unit to capture all of the energy that was created so that it isn’t wasted.
The Intelligent Compressor Cycling Function turns the compressor off for 5 minutes of every 25-minute cycle, running the post-purge fan during that 5 minutes. The fan captures the latent energy and continues to circulate the air, reducing the energy use — and the cost. This works because, after 25 minutes, the system is fully energized, which is to say that the cup is full. It is holding all the energy it can hold but is continuing to run because it doesn’t know any better.
All of this translates into energy savings of 10%-30% or approximately $1,500 per HVAC unit per year. IntelliHVAC is simple to install, requires no maintenance, has a lifetime warranty and an average ROI of 12 months.
- Applies to package and split system HVAC units
- Retrofits to 24V terminal
- Two functions:
- Intelligent Variable Post Purge: Variable timing fan control on post-purge fan based on previous compressor cycles and run time. All the fan you need, none of what you don’t.
- Intelligent Compressor Cycle Function: Turns compressor off after 25 minutes of continuous run time, running the fan instead to allow the system to capture the energy already created.
- Reduces energy consumption 10%-30% on average
- Reduces maintenance costs by 15% on average
- No additional maintenance required
- Lifetime warranty
- 12-month ROI or lease option
- Approximately $1,000-$1,500 per year in savings